How do I make a reservation?
- You can make a reservation online at thebarkmorebg.com. We will ask specific questions regarding your pet in order to set up a profile and create a reservation. The Barkmore does not require a Meet & Greet prior to boarding but DOES require a Meet & Greet prior to daycare.
Does The Barkmore accept pets who are not spayed or neutered?
- All dogs/cats must be spayed or neutered after 1 year of age in order to participate in daycare and boarding. The Barkmore does not accept any female pets in heat.
What Vaccinations does my pet need to stay with The Barkmore?
Please have your veterinarian email the vaccination records to us or bring in a proof of current vaccinations upon arrival.
- Vaccination Requirements (administered by veterinarian required):
- DOGS: Rabies, DHPP, Bordetella, & Canine Influenza
- CATS: Rabies & FVRCP
You can also click here to view our Vaccine requirements.
What is the minimum age for boarding my pet?
- Puppies/Kittens must be 15 weeks old and be finished with their “adult” vaccinations.
Can I take a tour of The Barkmore?
- Yes, we encourage you to tour our facility prior to your boarding reservation, in order to make sure you are comfortable with leaving your pet there.
What is your cancellation policy?
- We realize plans do change and wish to accommodate all of our guest’s need. We require a cancellation within 72 hours of the scheduled arrival date, failure to not cancel at least 3 days prior will result in The Barkmore keeping the deposit used to book the specific room. This same rule applies when changing your reservation.
What are your checkout and check-in times?
- Boarding pets may be checked-in and out at any time during operating hours. Boarding is charged by the night. Therefore, If pets are not picked up before 5pm you may be charged an additional night of boarding.
- Daycare pets may be checked-in at any time during operating hours but if not picked up before noon then they will be charged a full-day of daycare.
Does The Barkmore have any boarding/daycare restrictions?
- The Barkmore requires a reservation for ALL boarding or daycare guests.
- All daycare guests must have Meet & Greet session before being allowed into daycare.
- For the safety of your pet and other guests, we do not accept intact pets over a year old, female pets in heat, pets that have been coughing within the last week, pets that have open wounds or stitches, pets that are recovering from surgery, pets that have contagious diseases, or pets who are people-aggressive.
Do you have someone at The Barkmore 24 hours a day?
- Our facility is monitored with emergency response systems for heating, cooling, smoke, fire, and security 24-hours a day. The Barkmore has security monitoring cameras throughout the inside and outside of The Barkmore.
- We do not have staff members on site overnight. Our team members are on site in the early morning to feed, walk, check on and do activities with the pets every day, (regardless of published customer-facing Center hours) and do not leave until all the pets have been fed, medicated, and let out for their evening activities.
Does The Barkmore offer a 24-hour pick-up & drop off?
- The Barkmore has five 24-hour pick-up & drop-off rooms available for our boarding guests whose owners would like to drop-off/pick-up their pet outside of regular business hours. It is an additional fee. Click here to learn more!
Does The Barkmore offer webcam services?
- Yes, The Barkmore offers public webcams in our play areas so you can peak in on your pet’s vacation. The Barkmore will also offer webcams in our 4 luxury boarding suites.
It’s my first time bringing my dog to daycare, what can I expect?
- If this is your first time visiting us for dog daycare, your dog will be required to have a complimentary Meet & Greet session with out staff (refer to our Meet & Greet tab).
- Based on your dog’s temperament and personality, our staff will recommend the best possible daycare program for them.
It’s my first time boarding at The Barkmore, what can I expect?
- As a first-time client, we will verify the following with you at check in:
- Feeding Instructions
- Medications (if applicable)
- Personal Items brought in
- Behavioral Accommodations
- Medical Conditions
- Agreements have been acknowledged
- Re-verify that vaccinations are current
- You are encouraged to complete the online check in form when making a reservation in order to make your in-person check-in processes faster.
What should I pack for my pet if they are boarding?
- Meals: We recommend all pets arrive with their own personal food in order to maintain their normal diet. However, we do provide a premium house food.
- We would be happy to give your dog treats, although no rawhides or similar type of treats are allowed due to choking hazards.
- Belongings: You may bring belongings with your pet although, we ask you to refrain from bringing any large beds. We provide guests with a Kuranda bed and soft blankets to make them comfortable during their stay at no additional charge.
- Medications: Refer to the question below, Will you administer medication to my pet at The Barkmore?
Will you administer medication to my pet at The Barkmore?
- Yes, we do have specific requirements for medication though.
- All medications MUST be in their original prescription or over the counter bottle with the correct dosage instructions or they will not be accepted.
- The Barkmore will administer up to five medications a day for a $2/day charge. Anything over 5 medications will a $4/day charge.
- Pill organizers will also NOT be accepted.
- We can administer injectable medication although, there is an additional fee for injections of $3/day
Can I call The Barkmore to check on my pet while they are boarding?
- As pet lovers ourselves, we know how hard it is to leave your pet behind. Please don’t hesitate to contact us if you have any questions, concerns, or just want to check in on your pet.
Can my dogs stay together?
- Yes, same family pets may stay together. There is a discounted rate for pets sharing the same suite.
Does The Barkmore offer full grooming?
- As of now The Barkmore does not offer full grooming. We do offer basic spa services such as baths, nail trims, anal gland expressions, and more. Check out our Spa services for more details.